Tuesday, May 1, 2012

An Introduction

This blog was created in memory of My Mother who passed away from Brain Cancer in September of 2011.  She was born in Germany and came to the USA when she was 20.  My Mother was an amazing cook, baker, gardener, hostess, etc... Anything that had to do with food was her Forte'.  I remember growing up in our home in Michigan with the house filled with wonderful smells on a daily basis.  Each evening when my Dad would return from work at 6 pm she would have a hot dinner on the table for him.  This was no small feat as there are 7 children in my family!  My hope is to honor her and the culinary skills she taught me by sharing her recipes and the JOY that making and eating her food brought to all those around her. I LOVE YOU MOM!
And in her own words....Guten Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment