Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mom's Cheesecakes!

My Mother loved to bake for other people and for her church.  One of those things she loved to bake was mini cheesecakes.  They were simply perfect and she always added a cherry from a cherry pie filling can on top of each one, although once I was an adult I did let her know I loved them without and sure enough...Mine were plain and just as delicious!  When she passed away I ended up sharing some of her many mini cheesecake pans   with my sister and I now bake mine in those same pans!  One of the traditions my kids love to participate in...well mostly the eating of them!

Mom's Cheesecakes

Preheat oven to 350 F

2 Eggs
2 Pkgs Cream Cheese (the real stuff!)
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 t. Vanilla

Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until it is silky smooth.  Pulse it a bit at first to get the cream cheese chopped up.  Line your baking tins with paper holders.  in each holder place 1 vanilla wafer cookie.  A regular one for a normal cupcake size or a small one for a mini size.  Pour mixture into each cup filling it 3/4ths full or more.  Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until they are just about to tinge light brown. Underdone is better than overdone!  They will look very puffy, some may look cracked.  They will sink in and settle once they cool.  Some people prefer them warm but we love them nicely chilled.  You can also freeze them for later in a freeze safe container with each layer separated by wax paper.  Eat and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment